Last updated: December 13, 2023
“Personal Information” means any information that (either in isolation or in combination with other information) enables you to be identified as an individual or recognized directly or indirectly.
Intended for Adults
The Platform is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from, persons under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. If you are under the age of majority and have entered this Platform by providing a false date of birth, you must immediately leave this Platform. Under no circumstances may you use this Platform or submit Personal Information to us if you are under the age of majority.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?. 2
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION? 3
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.. 5
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PLATFORM.. 5
SECURITY PROCEDURES AND RETENTION.. 7
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS. 7
CONTACT US. 8
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Depending on how you access the Platform, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
Contact Information and other information you submit directly
First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Email Address, Phone Number, Postal Code (Contact Information) or other information you provide to us directly.
To access and use our Platform, you may be required to create an account using your Contact Information, username and password. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication, such as letters, phone calls, or email messages. If you become aware of any unauthorized access to or use of your account, you are required to notify us immediately.
Proof that you are legal drinking age
Legal Age, Date of Birth, Province or Territory
Information you submit or post on community forums, public spaces or social media
We may collect information you post on public spaces or community forums on our Platform. If you voluntarily disclose Personal Information (e.g., name, email address, personal photographs) in a community forum on our Platform, such information may be collected and used by third parties. We have no control over this type of use of your Personal Information and are not responsible for that use. Please exercise caution before sharing any Personal Information.
If you engage with any organic content, sponsored content and advertising content on our social or digital channels, such as engaging with an influencer’s post, “liking” our posts, or watching content we’ve posted, We may collect and aggregate this information (e.g. likes, shares, and comments).
Mobile application use
Some of our mobile applications tools such as geolocation, camera, and notification services (“mobile tools”). If you consent to such mobile features, we may collect information provided from the use of the mobile device.
Information submitted to our Contact Us Page
When you contact us with a comment or question through email, telephone, or the Contact Us form on our Platform, we will collect any information you provide, including Contact Information, information that identifies you and other information you provide us directly.
Personal information is collected through cookies, tags, pixels, clear pixels, beacons, and other similar technologies. This includes information from referring and exiting websites/URLs (including click-through URLs and pixel tags), as well as browser and device information (including Platform and version).
For more information, see the “Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies” under “Information about our Platform”.
Server log file location, internet service provider, unique identifiers, user, agents, or IP address.
If you apply for a job with us, you may provide us with certain Personal Information about yourself, such as information contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar candidate-related materials. We may also collect employment-related materials that you have made publicly available, such as on business-related social networking sites.
Additional Information from other sources
Information we receive from other sources with your consent, such as our partners with whom we jointly offer services, or from advertisers, about your interactions with them.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Providing products and services
If you order products or services from us, we will use your Personal Information to provide you with the products and services requested.
Registering you as a user
If our Platform requires you to create an account, we will register and administer your account on our Platform.
Administering contests, sweepstakes or promotions.
When you enter one of our contests, sweepstakes or promotions, we use this information to administer your participation in the program, validate your eligibility, and fulfil your prize.
Providing you with promotional messages
With your consent, we may send you special offers, e-blasts, and information about other services that we believe may be of interest to you. We may send this information by email, text or other means, depending on your preferences. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, you may unsubscribe any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an email, replying STOP to a text or by contacting us at the contact information under “Contact Us” below. Please note that if you unsubscribe from our marketing communications you may continue to receive certain transactional or account-related communications from us.
Providing targeted marketing on third-party Platforms
We may use services provided by third-party Platforms (such as social media and other websites) to create custom and look alike audiences and to serve targeted advertisements to you or others. If you have consented to targeted advertising through our cookie consent banner, we may provide a hashed version of your email address or other information to the Platform provider for such purposes. To withdraw your consent for the use of your Personal Information, please send a request using any of the methods set forth in the Contact Us section below.
Providing location-based services and messages
With your consent, we may provide you with location-based services. You can withdraw consent at any time by turning off your location services for the Platform in the settings of your device.
Displaying push notifications
We may display push notifications on your mobile device such as welcome messages, product features and promotional offers.
Improving our marketing efforts
We may use Personal Information and aggregated information to evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing efforts, target future marketing communications in more relevant.
Enhancing your profile with us
We may combine information you provide us across different devices, programs and brands. We may also supplement your profile using (i) aggregate demographic information from third-party data providers and analytics companies, and (ii) information you have made publicly available on our Platform or when you interact with us online.
We may also enhance your profile with us using work-related materials that you have made publicly available, such as on business-related social networking sites
We may use your Personal Information to contact you in response to a comment or question through email, telephone, or the Contact Us form on our Platform.
Responding to inquiries and processing job application
We may use Personal Information to respond to your questions, concerns, and complaints and to process and respond to applications for current and future career opportunities.
Improving our products and services
We use aggregated demographic, behavioural and other statistical information to improve and customize our Platform, products, services, and marketing efforts, analyze preferences, interests and purchases.
Validating your age
Only individuals who are drinking legal age may access our Platform. If you enter your name, date of birth and province of residence to enter our Platform, we will validate that you are legal drinking in your jurisdiction of residence.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, rent, or disclose your Personal Information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, as described herein, without your consent or as permitted by law. We may share your Personal Information as further described below:
- Service Providers: We may transfer your Personal Information (or otherwise make it available) to our third-party services providers. We use service providers to host our websites, administer promotions and contests, provide email and advertising marketing services, and process payments, among other things. We only send our service providers with the information they need to perform their designated functions and do not authorize the use or disclosure of your Personal Information for their marketing or other purposes. Our service providers may be located in any province in Canada, the U.S., or other foreign jurisdictions.
- Business Partners: With your consent, we may provide your Personal Information to our co-sponsors or other business partners to use in accordance with their own privacy policies. We may share your Personal Information so that our business partners, affiliated companies, or co-sponsors may provide you with information on the products and services they make available to you through our Platform or that may be of interest to you.
- Affiliates: We may share your Personal Information with our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates within the Anheuser Busch InBev family of brands (Affiliates) who perform services on our behalf.
- Legal and Compliance: We and our Affiliates and service providers may disclose your Personal Information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or detecting, suppressing, or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by the laws of Canada or any other country with jurisdiction. This may include lawful access by foreign courts, law enforcement, or other government authorities. Your Personal Information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property. Where required or permitted by applicable law, we may share information for other reasons we disclose to you.
- Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a proposed or completed merger, acquisition, or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PLATFORM
- Visiting our Platform: In general, you can visit our Platform without telling us who you are or submitting any Personal Information. However, we collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Platform, as well as other related information such as page requests, browser type, device identifier (if you are using our mobile app), operating system, and average time spent on our Platform. We use this information to help us understand our Platform activity and to monitor and improve our Platform.
- App Usage Information & Analytics: As with many apps, certain limited data is required for the app to function on your device. This data includes the type of device hardware and operating system, unique device identifier, IP address, language settings, and the date and time the app accesses our servers. We use this information to help us understand the activity on our app, to monitor and improve our app, and to tailor your in-app experience.
In addition, we may use third-party service providers to collect analytical information about your use of the app, such as the app features used and time spent on the app, to help us tailor your in-app experience, improve our products and the quality of our app, and to manage and analyze data to better understand our users.
- Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We use certain standard web measurement and tracking technologies such as “cookies,” web server logs, web beacons (also known as “action tags” or “one pixel gif files”), clear GIFs, or other statistics programs. A “cookie” is a tiny element of data that our website sends to a user’s browser, which may then be stored on the user’s hard drive so that we can recognize the user’s computer or device when they return. We do this on our Platform (including mobile apps) and in emails that we send to you. We collect information about users over time when you use this Platform (including mobile apps). Third parties also collect information this way. You can control cookies and similar technologies through the cookie consent tool on our websites. Your browser may also have an option that allows you to accept cookies, reject cookies, or receive notification when a cookie is sent. If you reject cookies and similar technologies, it may limit your use of the Platform.
- Mobile Applications: From time to time, we may offer certain mobile apps, including iOS applications (“Apps”), for download. We will use commercially reasonable efforts, given the limitations imposed upon us by third-party providers such as Apple Inc. and Google Inc., to clearly disclose what, if any, information is collected by the App, how it is used, and with whom it is shared. Please note, certain practices are outside of our control, for example, tracking by Google, Inc., Apple, Inc., or your third-party telecommunications carrier. We are not responsible for the actions of third parties. You should always read and understand the policies of any third-party provider, such as Google with respect to Android apps and Apple with respect to iOS apps, and your wireless carrier, before making any purchase or downloading any app.
SECURITY PROCEDURES AND RETENTION
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the Personal Information in our custody and control against theft, loss, and unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure. We restrict access to Personal Information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfill their job requirements.
We have record retention processes designed to retain Personal Information for no longer than necessary for the purposes set out herein or as otherwise required to meet legal or business requirements.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
You have certain choices and rights when it comes to how we use your Personal Information:
Controlling Tracking Tools and Third-Party Advertising:
We may use third-party advertising companies and/or media partners that use their own tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) to serve ads on our Platform and/or on the sites on which we advertise. We and these third-party companies display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple Platforms. In the course of serving advertisements, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. Additionally, we may use web beacons provided by third-party advertising companies to help manage our online advertising. These web beacons enable us to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits this Platform to learn which advertisements bring users to our Platform. These companies may collect information about your activity on our Platform and third-party websites (such as web pages you visit and your interaction with our advertising and other communications) and use this information to make predictions about your preferences, develop personalized content, and deliver ads that are more relevant to you on third party websites. This information may also be used to evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns.
To learn more about your choices please use the cookie consent tool available on our Platform and utilize the choices and settings available through your device or browser. Please note that even if you do not consent to interest-based advertising by a third party, these tracking technologies may still collect data for other purposes, including analytics, and you will still see ads from us; however, the ads will not be targeted based on information about you and may be less relevant to you and your interests. To successfully withdraw consent, you must have cookies enabled in your web browser (see your browser’s instructions for information on cookies and how to enable them). Certain choices you make may be browser-specific and/or device-specific. Your consent only applies to the web browser you use, so you must withdraw consent of each web browser on each computer you use. Once you withdraw consent, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies, you will need to withdraw your consent again. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about your cookie preferences.
Opting Out of Receiving our Emails and Texts:
To stop receiving our marketing emails or texts, email us at email@example.com. You can also click on the link provided at the bottom of each email communication or reply STOP to any text. Even if you withdraw your consent receive marketing communications, we will still send you messages about your questions and purchases.
Controlling Tools on Your Mobile Devices:
Disable Push Notifications:
To disable push notifications on your mobile device (iOS and/or Android), refer to settings on your mobile device.
Closing an Account on Your Mobile Devices:
- A user can delete their Archibald account, by themselves, in the My Profile section of the mobile application.
- A user can also have their Archibald account deleted at any time by requesting it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The user understand that this account is necessary to user the mobile application and that the functionalities offered, and the accumulated points will be lost automatically by deleting the account.
- A user’s information is completely erased from the Archibald database and the deletion of the account entails the deletion of his contact details and accumulated points. The change is irreversible, both the erased data is no longer accessible as the user’s points.
You have the right to:
- Request access to, or correction of, your Personal Information in our custody or control.
- Request information about how we have used and disclosed your Personal Information.
- Request to have your Personal Information deleted or forgotten from our records.
- Withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described in the Contact Us section. Please note that these rights are subject to certain restrictions, and we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to your request.
Labatt Brewing Company Limited
207 Queens Quay W, Suite 299, Toronto, ON M5J 1A7